Sure, you want to get in better shape, but for one reason or another, you want to steer clear of the gym. It’s understandable. Gyms can be noisy, crowded, and smelly. Not to mention costly. Worry not! You can give yourself a terrific workout without having to set foot in a gym. How? Here are a few recommendations:
- Cardio – Running, walking, jumping rope, biking… Basically anything that gets your heart rate elevated counts. You’ll want to get your heart rate to 70% of its maximum rate for 20–30 minutes for the most effectiveness.
- Body weight exercises – If you don’t want to buy a bunch of weight, don’t worry. There are a plethora of exercises you can do using your own body weight for resistance. Push-ups, sit-ups, and crunches can be done anywhere, and they’re free!
- Yard work – Fixing up your yard requires a lot of sweat and effort, especially under the hot summer sun. So if you need a work and your lawn needs mowing, go for it! You’ll kill two birds with one stone.
- Playing sports – Don’t feel like going to the gym. Why not shoot some hoops or play some soccer? Those sports give you a great workout and let you have fun while you work out.
- Dancing – Ever notice how much you sweat when you hit the dance floor? Just like sports, dancing is a fun way to get a great workout. So get on out there and make your body move!
Here’s a short video that provides a few more ideas. Check it out:
Get in shape without a gym