- Place a piece of waxed paper, parchment, plastic wrap, or paper towel in your microwave. (This really doesn’t make a mess, so don’t be scared.)
- Put Ivory soap in your microwave for a couple of minutes on high power. You don’t need to let it run that whole length of time, but you can just stop it when you need to.
- Watch it change shape. It’s amazing. Sometimes it’s a huge cloud — other times it’s just kind of floppy. It’s always fun to watch.
- If you smash it, it will break into pieces and you’ll end up with soap dust everywhere, so be careful with little hands who like to smash things.
- Let your kids just take the whole thing in the bathtub and have it — at least you know they’ll get clean — or - put the fluff in a bowl and let them do what they’ve probably been trying to do already, smash it to smithereens — or — smash it into the bowl of your food processor and add just enough hot water that it comes back together like pie crust.
- Give the soap to your kids with cookie cutters. You can even add food coloring if you like.
Please send us your video of your Ivory Soap experiment. We can’t wait to see how yours turned out.