Are you inundated with Peeps right now? What’s your favorite Peeps project or recipe?
And Liza’s favorite…Peepsicles!
There’s nothing cuter than a PEEPS Pop. Many aficionados think that PEEPS taste best frozen—cold and creamy, and a bit chewy. These Bunnies are dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut or chopped nuts, making them the ultimate frozen treat.
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut or 1/2 cup peanuts (about 2 ounces), finely chopped
12 wooden craft sticks, available at candy-making–supply stores
12 PEEPS® Bunnies, any color
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. Place the coconut or nuts on a plate.
4. Insert 1 craft stick about halfway into the bottom section of 1 Bunny. Dip into the chocolate, turning to coat completely. Holding the dipped Bunny over the bowl of chocolate, use a knife to scrape the excess chocolate off the back and bottom of the Bunny, letting it fall back into the bowl. Hold the Bunny over the plate of coconut or nuts and sprinkle to cover all sides.
5. Place the Bunny on the prepared baking sheet and repeat to dip the remaining Bunnies. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Serve frozen. PEEPSicles can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.