With a new survey finding 27 percent of Americans showing up late for work once a month, it stands to reason they need to have an adequate supply of excuses at the ready.
These are the 10 Most Outrageous:
- My cat had the hiccups.
- I thought I won the lottery (but, alas, didn’t).
- I got distracted watching the Today show.
- My roommate got mad at me and cut the cord to my phone charger, so it didn’t charge and my alarm didn’t go off.
- You mean my commute time doesn’t count toward my work hours?
- A fox stole my car keys.
- My leg got trapped between the subway car and the platform (This one turned out to be true).
- I have no intention of getting to work before 9 a.m. (Start time was 8 a.m.)
- Sorry, I’m late. I had a job interview with another firm.
- I had to take a personal call from the state governor (This one also turned out to be true).